Amazon Deals

Jun 3, 2013

How to recover data from shortcut of a pendrive / flash drive?

Dear friends today I am going to discuss "How to recover data from shortcut virus of a pen-drive / flash drive ".

Actually, I had suffered this situation. One day, I took my pen-drive and inserted it into a computer. After that I could not find the folders in my pen-drive except shortcut of the existing folders. Fortunately, I have recovered my data by a simple way. The steps are following below:

  1. Please do not format the pen-drive or USB flash drive. 
  2. Insert the affected pen-drive into computer which have Windows 7 / 8 operating system. Windows XP may not be applicable. 
  3. Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and Right click "open as administrator". 
  4. Then enter this command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d I:\*.* 
 NB: Please replace the letter I which is my pen-drive / flash drive location to your pen-drive.

Now check your files and folders in pen-drive. All the desired files and folders should be visible.


Explanation:

When we insert our pen-drive or flash drive the shortcut virus is executed by autorun program. Then this shortcut virus make the files, folders to system files, folders and hide them. This command recover all by changing the attribute of the files, folders to normal types. 
You can see the files before applying the command by another way. For windows 7 the way is:

Open My Computer >>  click on "Organize" >> click on "Folder and search options" >> go to "View" >> Check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
Then apply and ok.
After that go to your pen-drive. You will see the folders and files. The snapshots are given bellow.






Good luck.



No comments: